So…we are 3 months into our journey and I wanted to FINALLY catch everyone up on what we have completed and what still lies ahead!
- August 22, 2010- Decision to Adopt Day!!!
- September 10, 2010- Sent in Application to Little Miracles International (LMI)
- September 10, 2010- Sent in Home Study Application
- September 15, 2010- Received Approval from LMI into Ethiopia Program
- September 21, 2010- Sent in Contract to LMI
- September 22- Shared with our Family our Adoption News!
- October 4, 2010- Sent in Written Part of Home Study
- October 4, 2010- Sent in I-600A Paperwork to USCIS (Immigrations)
- October 15, 2010- Home Study Appointment
- October 28, 2010- Completed Home Study
- November 2, 2010- Fingerprints Done and Mailed to FBI CJIS Division
- November 8, 2010- Receive Appt. from USCIS
- November 11, 2010- Received Dossier Paperwork from LMI
- December 6, 2010- USCIS Appointment for Biometrics (fingerprints)
After we have gone to our USCIS appointment in December we will have all of our dossier paperwork ready. We will then be waiting for USCIS to send the approved paperwork to LMI. Our agency is also waiting on the paperwork from the FBI. The time frame for these approvals can be anywhere from 2-13 weeks!
Once all of the government paperwork is completed and into the hands of our agency LMI, then it will undergo review by our dossier specialist to make sure that all of our “i”s are dotted and are “t”s are crossed! From there it will be in the U.S. for 2 weeks (we are expediting the process by using courriers). First our dossier will travel to Miami (I think) to receive Florida state seals and then from there it will travel to Washington, D.C. for more seals.
After our dossier has traveled from Washington back to LMI, the dossier will then be sent to Ethiopia!!! I have been told that our dossier will then go through many different government offices in Ethiopia and then….drum roll….we are on the waiting list to receive our referral!!!! (That means a picture and basic medical information about a baby that fits the criteria which we were approved for). That will be a HAPPY DAY!!!!
(As a side note: we are approved for 2 children (boy or girl) ages infant to 2 years old) =)
Once we receive and approve a referral we will then wait to get a court date in Ethiopia (usually about 3 months later). We will then travel to Ethiopia and meet our baby (unless we work out a way to travel sooner)!
There are many more details that go along with this…but this will help give you the overall picture of where we are and what lies ahead!
We are soooo excited and are loving every minute of our journey!!!
God’s timing is perfect and we pray every day for the gift that He is giving us with this new life!
The BEST is yet to come!